Monday, March 28, 2011

Mrs. Tims to Retire

As many of you may have heard, I will be retiring at the end of the school year. I came to Albert Lea nine short years ago and these years have, without question, been the highlight of my journey as an educator. It is with mixed feelings that I make this decision to retire. I know I will miss students and staff terribly, but I’m also looking forward to new pursuits as my professional and personal journeys continue. I entered this profession 40 years ago because of my passion for children and the my work with each child and family at Hawthorne has only enhanced this passion. Your children are truly a joy to be with.


I will be handing the leadership of Hawthorne off to Mrs. Karen Zwolenski. I know that you will greet her with the same warm welcome that I was given when I joined the Hawthorne community and the Albert Lea School District.
I close with a quote that has been in my office for years….

“A hundred years from now,

it will not matter what my bank account was,

the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove.

But the world may be different

because I was important in the life of a child.”

Forrest E. Witcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment